Sunday, 21 August 2011


Over the past few months, I've been looking at lampposts.  I was walking home from school one day and realised that they all have identification tags on them.  I found it strange how something as ordinary as a lamppost could have an identity.  This might sound strange, but each one looked different.  Some had stickers on them, some were rusting and the paint was peeling away.  Others had been 'tagged' or graffitied.  

I used a 50mm f/1.8 to take the majority of the photos, which you can see here.   I used the shallow depth of field to make the lamppost stand out from the background.  Shutter speeds ranged from 1/125th - 1/250th, and apertures ranged from f/1.8 - f/2.8.  

Unfortunately I haven't really had much time to go out and shoot recently, but I should be organising some shoots soon, and I'll share the results with you :)

Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment